Our company is a leader in the design, engineering and manufacturing of panelized and pre-cut custom home packages. With a passion for quality and innovation, we have built a reputation for superb design, outstanding products, and excellent value
The Draftsperson at our Port Hope, Ont all drawings and layouts to customer’s requirements and makes any amendments as necessary. This role also prepares engineering designs, drawings and related technical information in support of engineers, architects or designers. In addition, this role uses architectural software to improve on the drawings of customer projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Improve architectural drawings, details and specifications according to customer’s sketch and requirements
- Make production drawings
- Prepare roof and wall layouts
- Design roof trusses and wall panels
- Check and verify design drawings to conform to specifications and design data
- Help improve wood-frame building business market in Canada, USA, Japan and China
- Coordinate drafting department schedule to meet production timelines
- Ensure production drawings for pre-fabricated housing are in accordance with architectural and structural drawings
- Liaison with other departments on projects related to scheduling, architectural, drafting, engineering, manufacturing, bill of materials, customer service, and contract administration
- Other duties as assigned by the Plant Manager
Qualifications and Skills
- Two or three years Technician or Technology training from technical college
- Proficient in drafting construction drawings and shop drawings with Auto Cad
- Computer skills training programs or equivalent work experience including software applications such as Microsoft Excel, communications and knowledge of network operations
- Minimum three years experience in construction industry
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good work ethics and possess can do attitude
- Capable to read and understand specifications, architectural and structural drawings
Please email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com and include Application: Estimator in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.